Thursday, July 3, 2008

18 Weeks and going stronger

I’m in my 5th month of pregnancy now. My belly is “Oh so obvious” and I’ve already started feeling the baby kicking since 2 weeks ago. I sure have an active baby growing inside of me.

When I did my 18th week scan two Wednesdays ago, junior curled him/herself up like a ball. Nicholas Aaron asked, “You carrying a baby or a football.” As for me, I think it’s junior’s daddy love and craze for football that makes junior pretend to be a football, curving him/herself in such a manner with hands flying around.

Made it so hard for the doctor to take a good picture. So the scan I got is the lousiest and most blur of all the scans. But take a good look at the scan, you'll get to see the baby's spinal cord. I's the most obvious part of the scan.

I’m really enjoying my pregnancy now especially feeling the baby kicking. Every time the baby kicks, my belly would be bobbing up and down. But whenever I place my palm on my belly junior will stop kicking. So to get Kwang Yew to feel the kick, he cannot place his palm on my belly, he’ll just have to be contented staring at my belly. But the funny thing is, he feels like there’s an alien inside of me. It’s really something new to him.

The kicking will be more obvious when junior grows a little bit bigger and that time, I’m sure Kwang Yew will get to feel the kicks. I actually can’t wait for that moment. I’m especially waiting for the moment where his/her her foot or hand pressing out and that I can see a lump coming out of my belly.

Gosh! Another 4 more months, and I’ll get to carry my little angel in my arms. This is so exciting. Makes the morning sickness and indigestion all worth it.

By the way, I still don’t know the sex of the baby. Waiting for another week or so to do a scan called Target Scan. This scan reveals everything about the baby – sex, heart, nose, lips and etc. My prayer is that I will have a healthy and perfect growing baby and finally, I will also get to do SHOPPING!!!!


No comments: