Monday, June 11, 2007

All is worth it

It's been 11 days and this is my first post for June. I was getting a little afraid of loosing that momentum i first spoke of.

Not bad, stealing a little time from work (actually it's 6.15pm now - time to go home) just to drop something off here.

It's been a crazy 1 week plus for me, at work and at home. But by the end of the week (yesterday), my activity after church made it all worth it.

You see, it's been a long time (especially since being someones missus) since I've actually got to spend time with mum, just the two of us. I really miss those days when it was just mum and I or the family (mum, dad, Adrian and I) go out shopping or window shopping.

And if the family goes out, mum and I will always be with each other - i wait on her and vice versa, trying on clothes or shoes and looking at something and pondering whether to buy it or not. You know, these sort of stuff which mother daughter does.

So, back to yesterday. I was suppose to go to Carrefour, Subang last two Sundays but because KY's nephews came, i wasn't able to go. So i had my chance yesterday. Told mum that I'm going to the new Anakku boutique in Carrefour, Subang to visit me ol' friend who's running the place there and invited mum to tag along.

After my brief hello and goodbye, (oh and before that... it was raining cats and dogs or maybe cows and goats. It was HEAVY) we were doing a little grocery shopping in the hypermart. When the rain subsided, we walked over to Parade (save RM2 parking at Carrefour).

Walked and walked and shop a little (i really mean, little ok) and talked and laughed. Had coffee and mum was sharing about Australia. We were like best friends. And before we know it, it was 8pm!

It felt great spending the little time i missed so much with mum. I actually didn't want the day to end. 10.45pm and back to reality, go back to Prima Bayu, at the arms of KY. Darn! I truly missed being single (when it comes to these sort of matter, family matter).

Yesterday made me realised that, I began appreciating the time I get to spend with my family, even 5 minutes and making the most out of it.

Things change after marriage - my eyes are more opened now. I was an idealist but now I'm a realist. Practicality is an important asset in life, that no matter what, family comes first in everything.


No comments: