Friday, January 11, 2008

Singapore

Now for Singapore…. Kwang Yew and I had a really great time. I have a wonderful uncle, aunt and cousins. My cousin sis had to give up her room and she had to sleep with her parents on the floor. I love you Gaynor. This is Bukit Panjang, where we stayed.



Kwang Yew and I went to the Singapore Zoo to see happy animals.



We even had Ben & Jerry's!!!! Slurp!!!! Their Chocolate Chip Mint Ice-cream was awesome!!!

At night, it was Orchard Road. Lovely is the word for the Christmas deco. We even had Shrooms (Chicken Burger with Mushroom Sauce by KFC!). Yes guys, we don’t have it here. KFC here very slow and the menu is so pathetic lar….

And the notion of people thinking Singapore is expensive… NOT true. Most of the things there are almost the same price or less, even after S$ x 2.31, it’s still cheap or about the same. Well of course there are some stuff which are more expensive lar but hey, those stuff, I don’t use, so it doesn’t bother me a bit.




We went to Haw Par Villa (previously known as Tiger Balm Garden) on the 31st Dec. You guys know this place? The first time when I was there was in 1987, next was in 1995 or 2004. Final visit was the last day of 2007. The place gets more run down each time I went. The place still looks the same to me with all the statues of ancient Chinese folklore and the ever famous 10 Courts of Hell (a good place to bring children to scare them into not sinning… Muahaha!), nothing new was constructed. My uncle told me the place is also haunted… by the account of taxi drivers who passed by there at nights. I didn’t feel a thing when I was there.

We had lunch in Vivo City, the largest retail mall in Singapore and it faces Sentosa Island. They even have mini pools at the top floor for children. And did you know that the people in that republic only work ½ day on the 31st? How fortunate!

When we were there, there were some rehearsals going on at the top floor for the countdown that night. The place was jam packed! You could see youngsters trying to be there early to get front seats. I even saw a girl carrying a floor mat! Countdown is such a big thing there that Adrian and Choon Hui went there to join in the Singaporeans.



Well, here are the photos of what we took, from the moment we left Klang to the moment we arrived. Those last few pictures of my watch showing the time, just take the time minus 20 minutes cause my watch is 20 minutes faster. I was bored waiting for the substitute bus and I decided to do something…

No comments: