Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Start of 2008

What’s it like to start a great new year of 2008?... I don’t know. Don’t know how to answer that question because mine accelerated and hit the curb.

On the 1st of January 2008, on the way back from Singapore, our bus had a break problem and we had to pull over at Seremban highway. That was about 9pm (of which following the schedule, we should reach home by about 10.30pm).

We waited until 1.30am for a substitute bus to come pick us up! 4½ of waiting! It was crazy! Nevertheless I still thank God for having us reach home safe and sound and in 1 piece.

It hasn’t been a good week and a good new year for me because I started the year with a lot of frustration and anger and all these happened at work.

But I thank God for His strength to pull me through each day and that every end of the day, joy comes back into my life and sustain me for work the next day.

I also thank God for Kim (who worship led last Sunday morn) and for Pastor Ronald Ooi (who shared). The songs that God chose through Kim and the message that God spoke through Pastor Ron served as a good reminder that in everything we go through especially the sorrow, persecution and frustration, He is our strength. And that we should know that our future’s in His hands.

I didn’t know what to make off the next day at work but I now know, no matter what happens, my God will pull me through. My God will make right what is wrong. He’ll turn my mourning into dancing. He’ll trade my sorrow for joy.

True enough, I had a bad day and I was deeply frustrated. But God kept reminding through his worship songs. When I got home, Kwang Yew had a vcd on, it was “Shout To The Lord 2000” and readings the words and watching how Darlene Zschech lead in worship led, just caused me to burst into tears and I know God was touching me at that time. And the song that was played when I entered my house was,

Stanza#1

I was in need and I needed a friend
I was alone and I needed a hand
I was going down but someone rescued me

Chorus

My God cares too much to say
His mercies are new everyday
I get down and prayed
and then help is on its way

Stanza#2

I walk by faith and not by sight
If things go wrong it’ll be alright
‘Cause someone’s greater
Is watching over me

Bridge

Now in faith I believe
That I’ve got everything I need
I walk by faith and not by what I see
I’ve got friends in high places
I’ve got someone I can call
And I’ve got someone watching over me


Thank you Jesus.

No comments: