Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pregnant

Came across this article online and boy, it made me realise that exactly how i feel.

Stop setting alarms on my biological clock http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19762056/site/newsweek/from/ET/

Ever since i got married, I've just been flooded by the "When are you going to be a mummy?", "Are you pregnant? or "When ah?" questions. Sometimes i just feel i need to tape my answer, "I'm still in a honeymoon phase and so not ready yet for a baby." on a recorder and play it.

And of course when you give them this answer, they'll always have something to retaliate, "Don't wait too long. You're not getting younger".

Gee! Thanks for asking but no thanks. Thanks for your "thoughtfulness", though i may not really appreciate it.

I tend to agree with the author of this article, sometimes it is those mothers who have "Tarzan" or "Conan" or "devil" children that makes me decide to have my 1st child later. Maybe teach theirs kids some manners or two before poking into mine of whether I'm having a baby or not.

It's most definitely tiring seeing their children not behaving and having their way each time. It's tiring and frustrating to hear parents say, "Let them be" or "What to do?".

Good grief! Let the children do what they want without restraint, therefore Parents, my message to you, "You'll regret later in life. When they grow older and become rebellious, don't question them, 'Why are you so rebellious?' Cause it's your own fault, they are".

Anyway, that's they're choice how they want to bring up their own children. Not for me to impose and not for them to impose on me, how I'll bring up mine.

Just keep those dreaded questions to yourself. Thank you.

No comments: